Staff > PEO/Employee
Leasing > Selecting a
Selecting a PEO
- Assess your workplace to determine your human resource and risk
- Make sure the PEO is capable of meeting your goals. Meet the people
who will be serving you.
- Check the firm's financial background. Ask for banking and credit
references. Ask the PEO to demonstrate that payroll taxes and insurance
, premiums have been paid.
- Ask for client and professional references.
- Investigate the company's administrative and risk management service
competence. Evaluate the depth and level of experience of their internal
- Understand how the employee benefits are funded. Are they fully
insured or partially self-funded? Who is the third party administrator
or carrier? If required in your state, is their TPA or carrier licensed?
- Understand how the employee benefits are tailored. Determine if they
fit the needs of your employees.
- Review the service agreement carefully. Are the respective parties'
responsibilities and liabilities clearly laid out? What guarantees are
provided? What provisions permit you or the PEO to cancel the terms of
Paducah, KY 42001